James M. Judge - Mediation
Mediation of Insurance claims and construction disputes wasn’t as usual a generation ago as it is today. Today, it is rare that civil actions are tried without some effort at mediation first. Indeed, a substantial percentage of construction contracts, property insurance claim disputes and other similar disagreements require mediation as a precondition to filing suit.
Still, misconceptions about mediation persist.
What does a mediator decide? Who controls the proceedings? Is there such a thing as binding mediation? How confidential is confidential during and after a mediation?
- 1994 – Current, Owner-Operator | Tide Roofing & Construction Company
- 1989 – 1994 J.E.H. Roofing Supply Company, Territory Sales Representative.
- 1984 – 1989 General Manager of Paxton Beautiful Woods Store.
- 1981 – 1984 General Manager for C. J. Hardeman Salvage Co.
- 1980 – 1981 Territory Sales Representative for US Plywood (N.Texas& Okla.)
- 1973 – 1980 Chickasaw Lbr. Co. Contractor Sales &Estimator for Residential Const.